Need help with Wet/dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a Amiracle wet/dry i aqe\uired from my uncle who is also a member to this site but that is besides the point

What kind and how many GPH do i need for my 15 gallon SW tank its 51 in. from where the wet/dry filter sits

also how do u start the suction ?what r the steps? i have an idea but not quite sure

Thank you

Make sure you have both ends of the u-tube submerged. That means you will have to pour some water into the overflow before you start. Get the siphon started before you fire up the pump if you can. If you start the pump and then have trouble starting the siphon you will have a mess. :|

how do u know that i need 150 gph, is there a rule of thumb for that

also is there supposed to be a plug on the end of teh tube goin into the wet/dry filter

i do no thave one (if i need one)

It's basically a 10x turn over rate.
One thing you want to watch is your return line. Make sure you don't have it too deep in the water. If you lose your siphon the water will start flowing back into the sump via the return line and can overfill your sump and flood the floor.

Could you clarify that a bit? I'm not quite sure what you mean by a plug. Of course you don't want anything restricting the flow to your wet/dry, so I'm assuming you mean something else. :?:

Back
Top Bottom