Need macroalgae clippings in New Orleans area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gbundersea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone in the New Orleans area have some Chaetomorpha or other non-sexual macroalgaes of which you can spare some clippings? I'm finally cranking up my 120-gallon FOWLR with refugium, and any "contributions" will be most appreciated!

Email me directly at gbundersea@cox.net

Thanks a lot!

Don't miss my Jensalt sump horror story site.

Also see how to cycle a new tank with household ammonia.

Greg Bunch
http://www.gbundersea.com
Home of the Digital Lens Dock, MXTENDER, Save-A-Lens Kit, and u/w photography

http://www.reefngom.org
Co-founder and fish ID instructor
REEF Field Station of the Northern Gulf of Mexico

How does it ship?? I might be interested as well, if you find someone that fills your need and has more as well.

I have spaghetti macro, which I think is probably Chaetomorpha crassa... I could probably send it regular mail in a plastic bag w/ a damp paper-towel, being that you are just in New Orleans it would probably get to you in 2 days.

I dont have alot of the chaetomorpha now, but I have tons of prolifera if anyone
is interested ..

bmilam said:
I have spaghetti macro, which I think is probably Chaetomorpha crassa... I could probably send it regular mail in a plastic bag w/ a damp paper-towel, being that you are just in New Orleans it would probably get to you in 2 days.

Thanks for the reply! That macro you have indeed sounds like C. crassa, which is one of the very desireable macros. Good for nutrient export, doesn't go sexual.

I agree that mailing a piece would probably work. I tried PM-ing you, but it didn't seem to work. Please email me directly at gbundersea@cox.net and we'll work out the details.

Thanks again!

Greg Bunch
gbundersea@cox.net

Back
Top Bottom