Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need opinions about this fish list

Hello,
First time on this site but I have to say it looks great.

I've had a 72"x24"x30" 210 gallon running for a while w/ a couple of emperor 400 filters a Coralife Super Skimmer 220, and a Coralife 36 watt UV sterilizer and just over 3,000 gph in powerheads on the surface. Also have around a 4-5" DSB and 180 lbs. of live rock.

I felt that I was over stocked w/ this tank before so I traded a few guys in and now I'm currently stocked w/

Harlequin Tusk
Blue Jaw Trigger
Leopard Wrasse
Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
Fox Face
Juv. Imperator Angel

B/c of the Angel & Tusk's behavior they have to be my favorite in the tank.

I've been pretty faithful in doing weekly water changes. Around 15-25%

Just would like to hear other peoples input if you think this could be overstocked or if anyone else here has any experience keeping any of these guys.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think you are overstocked at all. I would say that is a good group of fish for that tank. Do you have any pics?????

tripper

Old 10-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #3

Thanks,

I have pics of the old residents of the tank but not the current. I'll get some pics soon.

Everyone in the tank now eats like a pig. They get Nori sheets all day long. I even place the clips throughout the live rock so the tangs and angel can graze. And feed them mussels 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening. And sometimes I'll go just 1 mussel and frozen mysis in the evening. It all depends.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Konrade
Wow, that sounds like a pretty cool tank. Angels and tusks are a couple of my favorites. Pics please!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
Nice group of fish, the only prob may be that when the emperor is full grown he may act a little more aggressive towards the others but other than that it looks ok.!
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 AM   #6

Thanks again everyone. Ya I heard the emp. could be a little on the aggressive side when he grows larger. Had that problem when I had a French Angel already established in there before him. The french was picking on the Tusk. So I replaced him w/ a juv. emperor.

Everyone has their areas in the tank picked out.

I'll try and get pics soon prob not this weekend as everyone knows we're about to get beat up by Hurricane Wilma soon.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com