need some advice for a salt water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmike10000

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello I'm looking to start a 15 gallon salt water aquarium. i have a heater, airpump(if needed), and the tank. i have no experience with saltwater. i have a 140 gallon freshwater tank that i keep in check but need some advice on what stuff i need for the saltwater tank and some general do's and do nots. like the type of filter, what kind of light(led or florescent) and if i should get live sand and stuff. as you can tell I'm a beginner on this, but with my experience with freshwater i think i can do it. i care for my fish greatly and would do whatever it takes to keep them healthy.

If you are aiming to do a fish only system, then it is very similar to freshwater. You only avoid things like bubblers and use powerheads to get the water movement and avoid salt creep.
But, the rest of your questions require knowing what you are looking to do with the tank.

i wanted a fish and live rock with probably only 1 clown fish because of the tank size.

Then simply a basic setup similar to fresh will do. Get a power head, heater, and even a hob filter will do as long as the water level isn't too low as the splashing will cause salt creep.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thanks you. will an led be a better option than a florescent light

Back
Top Bottom