Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Oh I almost forgot eventually I would like to do a small anemone like a condy in my big tank so what kind of lighting would u recommend. I have been looking at a 48" system runs 4 t5ho's and 2, I think 150 but may have been 250 need to check, mh bulbs.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Oh? Where is the LFS your pal runs? I'm just south of you, but don't tread much up into Warren area.

In terms of a condy/clowns hosting, I have read that it doesn't happen often and that it is more likely with tomato clowns...don't quote me on that one I just know it is infrequent at best. Even then, it isn't a 100% thing that clowns/nems will host. Tank raised clowns have never seen an anemone and don't know what to do with them. I have 2 occy clowns in my 55 reef, with a couple of BTA (which they are more likely to host with) and they have never shown any interest in it...though the on continued to try to do so with my flower pot coral...

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RClever82 View Post
Oh I almost forgot eventually I would like to do a small anemone like a condy in my big tank so what kind of lighting would u recommend. I have been looking at a 48" system runs 4 t5ho's and 2, I think 150 but may have been 250 need to check, mh bulbs.
Lighting is pretty simple IMO. You either go MH or LED. That choice is on you. I know nothing about MH. I currently run 2 Ecotech radions above my reef, but they are expensive. Currently people are having good results from the taotronics LEDs. That is pretty much as much as I can tell you there.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Fred closed the warren store but he still has his shop in Dunkirk then I have another close friend in Jamestown I pester a lot with question Clearwater aquariums. I've actually been deviating trying to get a loan and takeover the warren store. It's still fully stocked just needs someone to takeover. Well no livestock there anymore but the entire saltwater and fresh water racks are there plus all the store inventory.

Tags
advice, nitrite, spike

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com