Need some help on dry rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bax71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wanting to know if I could get a tub of saltwater and put some dry rock in it and then put some live rock on top . Run a pump & light? Would that kick of the dry rock to live rock. i was wanting to due this so when I go to start up my tank. I would have alot more liverock in it . :ermm: Need some help on this matter

yes, you can. You don't even need the live rock, just add the dry rock to the tub, and cycle the tub just like a fish tank.

Could I buy some Fiji live rock and put it on top of the dry rock and let that seed it

Ok need some advice on start up . When I start up the tank and fuge should I have micro alg. In the fuge or not . Help me out

Micro algae, no but macro algae is a definitive yes. I would use either chaeto or grape caulerpa. The caulerpa grows faster but the chaeto is safer. You will also need some 6500k lighting for your macro algae in your fuge.

Thanks for the info . I have light for it getting close to start running I'm about to install it in the wall . Going to be able to see it on 3 sides & a display fuge to

Good luck with in wall. Love mine, just think of everything before you start.

That's what in trying to do thank god for every ones help here . What size tank due you have in the wall

75 gallon
Here is some early pics of it

ForumRunner_20130728_172758.jpg

ForumRunner_20130728_172549.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130728_172419.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130728_172419.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom