Need some live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
search craigslist.com for people selling used tanks that may sell you what they have or a lot of times you can find just the rock on there. You live in Houston, so that is a pretty large site. And the best thing is, the rock is usually already in a tank and cycled if you find it on there!

for a 10 gallon tank, I wouldnt think you would buy enough to make online shopping a viable option. I would just go to the LFS.

I agree wiith Hara. I'd go to the lfs and assemble anywhere from 2 to 4 pcs of rock. Twist and turn'm right there on the spot to see how they might fit together as you aquascape. Hoefully you can get some nice fits with swim thru areas and ledges for coral - if you decide to go that route.

Well, be sure you choose an on-line place that you can talk to, explain the size of your tank and tell'm to assemble 10-15 lbs that fit nice together. Tell'm you want swim thru and coral ledge (places to sit'm) opportunities in the aquascape.

Man the price of shipping for that little amount of rock is going to be the same as the rock or more!

There has to be a good LFS in the Houston area. Also check for reef clubs online, see if anyone is selling rock.

I would reccomend Liveaquaria.com For reasonable prices and reasonable shipping they will set you up with a broad assortmant of live rock for nano tanks. I would defiantly check them out, the assortment you can get in there prebuilt nano live rock packages is pretty nifty if you ask me.

I would agree the the LFS would be your best bet. There has to be some great places there. Why do you say that the LFS LR is bad?

melosu58 said:
I would agree the the LFS would be your best bet. There has to be some great places there. Why do you say that the LFS LR is bad?

alot of places in houston sell it for too high of a price or too little and they are crap rocks

Back
Top Bottom