need something to clean...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatherineM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so the tank is cycled, now im getting two clowns, and i need a shrimp/crab or two to help clean the tank. any rocomendations as for what kind? I plan on having a pink bar goby/shrimp relationship but i wont be getting the goby for a few weeks. so what kind of shrimp should I get and how many?

also, its a 30gal tank, will two small clowns and a shrimp or two be to much of a load? even if ive had a damsel in there for a couple weeks now?

also, i have a small amount of brown algae, thats kinda stringy. its very small and not much of it, just curious if its harmful.

( as of this morning)
Nitrates:0
Nitrites:0
alkalinity:180-300 ( the test didnt come out 100% either)
pH:7.8
ammonia:0

the tank is cycled and you have no nitrates? how did you cycle it? though it does sounds like you're having diatoms, and a nice bit of them.

now you add your CUC, i suggest a variety of snails such as astrea, turbo, nassarius, and cerith. and if you're okay with hermits add some blue legs, though have larger shells on hand for when they grow.

how big is your tank again? itll help for how many to get, and your CUC doesnt really contribute to your bioload at all, so dont worry about limiting stocking.

its a 30gallon. And yeah nitrates are 0. I started the cycle just with time and then finished it with a damsel, who is being relocated before I get my other fish.

I havnt done a "water change" but i have so muc evaporation going on that i have to add about 5 gallons of water every week. the salt is all over my lid.

Back
Top Bottom