Need to know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GetEm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It's been four days since I've gotten started. Look at tank today and noticed the flower like growth and was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are and if they should or shouldn't be there. See attached photos.

Attachments

• image-2372315842.jpg
    image-2372315842.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3069909890.jpg
    image-3069909890.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2207197093.jpg
    image-2207197093.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 82
Aiptasia, a pest anemone. Need to get rid of it before it spreads because they can be really hard to get rid of once you have a few and can hurt corals. You can buy some aiptasia-x or use lemon juice or really hot water. Just get a dropper or something and spray it directly into the middle of it as close to the anemone as possible.

Looks like aptasias just buy a peppermint shrimp or 2(make sure they have black eyes) and they will eat em probably and if not theres plenty of forums bout it

Thanks guys for the info. Will get right on it first thing tomorrow. I love this forum the people here are so helpful. Thanks again!!

Hahah that was funny. 3 very quick replies all with differant ways to kill that one dreaded anenome.

Yes I know didn't expect such a quick response

Back
Top Bottom