Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

would a bigger tank result in more money spent? and what is the difference between a reef tank and a fish only tank? and where should I buy all these items from? and what is a list of the items i need for a 10 or 15-gallon tank?

Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

need to know the do's and dont's for my tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwaterfishie View Post
would a bigger tank result in more money spent? and what is the difference between a reef tank and a fish only tank? and where should I buy all these items from? and what is a list of the items i need for a 10 or 15-gallon tank?

Well a bigger tank means you have to buy bigger equipment to fit it out right. As well as more sand and rock so short answer, yes. Craigslist has deals some times for this stuff, I got 1k worth stuff for 300$ so just matter where you look.

Reef tanks are coral reefs, you have coral and it's a lot more care for it.
Also fish tank are most likely a fowlr tank. Fish only with live rock, same things are needed but without the high quality lights

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What is the objective of keeping a SW tank for you? Beautiful fish, the challenge of keeping SW fish?

What do you expect or wish to see when you see your tank? If you start with that, you might be able to define what kind of tank would be best for you.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

my objective is to have a nice simple SW tank I just want to have something to look at and be able to enjoy it, nothing to challenging or difficult, maybe just one or two fish, some anemone ( however you spell it lol) and maybe MAYBEEE some coral, but i just want to be able to have something i can have within my dorm room
Old 03-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

the only reason I am wanting a small tank is because I can only have up to a certain size within my dorm room, I think I can have up to 15 or 20 gal. if I were to get one of those what would be recommended in stocking the tank? what supplies would I need? what can I put into that tank?
Old 03-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/sa...ers-guide.html
This could be helpful for a quick read through

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com