nem and light queston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neil_04

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so i picked up some more coral from the store closer to me. i didnt have time to go to the normal store, after a few days in the water i noticed two anemones growing on 1 of the rocks they are very small and im worried its the bad ones. ill try to get a pic tonight, last night i tore one off and trashed it i only have two flourescent bulbs right now so i dont think its anything special to grow in conditions like that.
I also was told by the store owner that with 48 gallons a metal halide bulb would be too much intensity whats everyones outlook on that? i dont want to burn everything up, but i want it to look good

If it's aiptasia, you'll be surprised at the torture they can endure....

yes it does look like the first pic and it does roll into itself if i touch it i used a plastic spork and poked it this morning. hopefully i can get rid of it before it kills anything.
also nobody replied about the t5 HO lighting the lfs guy told me was ok. i need to get something figured out my lighting sucks :(

Lighting is such a subjective thing.... I run a 250w MH and 130w cf actinic on a 29 gallon. You judge what is too much.

IMO if you can afford the cash, you can not go wrong with mh.

Back
Top Bottom