nems split??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi i have a rbt nem and a carpet int my 55 marine tank. this morning i noticed that my rose bubble tip nem is now two nems. i didnt know they split, why do they split?? and is it going to live?

Attachments

• DSC02277.jpg
    DSC02277.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 120
are your parr's good?? sometimes they stressed out a nem will split as a survival tactic, other times if conditions are great(food-flow-light) then asexual repro happens,

at least these are the things that I have found in researching, so far I have been unsecessful in keeping a nem in my tank, good luck and keep me posted.

as above, also you can split them if carefull and go straight through the mouth,I've seen this on another site

Splitting is pretty common. Not necessarily a bad or a good thing, just depends on the situation. As long as it was doing well before it split, they both will do well after.

Rbt's are very desireable to reefers. Consider it a good thing. If you don't want the other in your tank, you can sell/trade after it's healed. My gbta has split several times.

yes yes yes,,, if you are interested in trading I would live to have a rbt nem I have several frags, see photo in profile.

Back
Top Bottom