Never did saltwater now ill begin it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camaj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Starting with a fx5 filter and 125 gallon tank

Wanted to know what's a good power head for a decent price also. The size I would use for this tank

Don't know much about powerheads and I'm a fw guy but I have an fx5 on the way for Christmas... Totally pumped about it.

I am personally running 3 maxijet 750s in mine. 2 in opposite corners plus one behind the live rock. I got em for mid 20s each from drfostersmith.com with free shipping

I like koralia because it is a broad softer flow the thing I don't like is when I turn mine off it starts in reverse and I have to turn it off and on again to make it go forward.

I have had 2 Koralia 1050 Evos in my 55g for about 9mo and I love them. I'm probably going to get a 550 or 750 for behind my rockscape to get rid of some very "low-flow" areas.

Im running a 750 in my 36 gal and it has been doing a great job. Just got done ordering a 550 for behind my LR where it isn't getting any circulation. Was a big issue prior to me rearranging today.

Is this going to be a reef?

Even if not, it's better to build or buy a sump with multiple chambers for your skimmer, heater/chiller and most important, the refugium.

I don't have a sump and is a refg really needed

Back
Top Bottom