New 10-gallon salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chron1204

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey,

I'm new to the saltwater hobby, but I have had freshwater for a while. I want to start a 10 gallon saltwater, but I move to college next year. I know it will be work, but I want this more than anything. I have a 10 gallon with fluorescent lighting, a heater, a lid, and a thermometer. I know what things to get, like a bigger filter than the one I have, salt mix, a hydrometer, live sand and rock. I know it is hard to control a 10 but I have done very well with the freshwater. I want to do a fish only with live rock, but I am a little concerned on what fish to get. I know i am very limited. I was thing 1 scooter blenny and 1 small goby. Would that work? Does anyone have any suggestions on fish and beginning a salt tank? One problem is I will have to move the tank about 4x per year, so I want really hardy fish. Also, will I need a clean up crew for a FOWLR tank? Thanks! I am really looking forward to this!,

Check out liveaquaria.com and look in the nano section of SW fish. There's a good selection of fish for small tanks. Also, those fish will only be in the bottom, now really swimming around middle of tank. If you're good with that, then that's fine. The white banded possum wrasse is colorful, Firefish are cute, orange lined cardinals are mice. You'll need a small CUC, maybe few astrea snails and couple hermits.

Back
Top Bottom