Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would say yes to that amount...what do you have in mind...

Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

subscribed... all great info!!! cant wait for more!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, I'm really excited for this, it will be a long ride as the title says. I have the items on paper I want to get, where I want things to be...just the setting it up and the money factor (not buying all at once...lol) that is going to slow this project down.

I have a question about the RO/DI system, would i be able to split off the line from my washing machine to feed the RO/DI unit? Has anyone ever done this?

Also, the waste water that comes from the RO unit, could i use that for my freshwater tank's water change?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Another question, i just read a post by Melous58 that he runs two pumps in his, a mag 12 and a mag 9.5. I know the more flow the better...is this a cheaper alternative than using powerheads?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you checked out his picture he is also running uber powerheads thorugh out his tank. makes me doubt that I have enough flow LOL
Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice FINatic

HAHA DOH!!!....i really should think before i speak sometimes...lol....so is it just for added flow i'm guessing?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For specifics you'd have to ask him, but his tank is chock full of corals so i assume he is doing it for the corals. And his tank has been up for what, a decade? I;m sure he's on his game. lol
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh i don't doubt that at all, I just checked out his tank and i had to have a co-worker close my mouth...lol. I'll shoot him a PM and find out.

Saturday can't come quick enough...lol. I can finally put up a picture on this build...lol. Figures we are going to get hit with a nasty storm though on Sunday.

Are you feeling the effects from the storm yet Carey?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not yet so far....I;m hoping and praying I dont lose my power too long, I have only one battery powered air pump for now. Was gonna go to sears or home depot and see about a generator but not sure yet. i suspect the prices and availability wont; be too stunning. lol

I;ve got lots of water already made though so I can replace and move some water around if need be. We are on alert from 2pm today thru 2pm, tomorrow.

This would be my first florida hurricane and i've lived here like 6 years already. But inb the past some people were without power for weeks so I;m fo sure hoping for the best. It's gonna be a category 4 as it glances our shore line which is only about 40 miles away.....

Maybe I;ll go out and see if I can get some more battery powered pumps. I thinkt he fw can survive ok but worried about the sw tanks.

Thanks for asking though.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crap that's right. I'm following a couple people's threads that live on the east coastal areas. I do hope you are all ok through this storm!

Tags
build, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com