New 120 build...gonna be a long ride...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh of course, i'm not out to have a maintence free tank. I fibd it theropudic to clean and maintain my tanks. Im looking for a whiter color sand...what brands have this color? Or where to get it...

Twitch is def right about the sump:) (not so much with the knowing more) imo if you go with a dsb in the main tank, you have some wiggle room in the sump/refugium.. Hate being so dependant on a manmade setup ya knpw

Weird, sump was my next question. So if i do a DSB in the DT should i just use lots of live rubble rock in chaeto in the refugium.

Lol so many options to go with...hmmm i have some thinking to do then huh...lol

Also Mr. X you were going to recommend a skimmer but never said...any ideas?

Thats why i was asking i usually go with what people tell me. But then i realize its not my build but the collective build of all my AA friends...lol

If you want a dsb in your dt, it surely couldn't hurt to have it in your fuge too. Still use the lr rubble and macro. That way you have stability in redundancy.

Ok for some reason my last message didnt post. You really have to take everyones advice and apply it as you see fit. And having a dsb in your sump def wouldnt hurt, but if you do run a dsb in the dt, you wont have to rely solely on the sump for filtration..

huma-huma said:
Ok for some reason my last message didnt post. You really have to take everyones advice and apply it as you see fit. And having a dsb in your sump def wouldnt hurt, but if you do run a dsb in the dt, you wont have to rely solely on the sump for filtration..

Love redundancy. Love redundancy.

I have almost 6 inches of pfs in my DT and run a refugium with chaeto and live rock and maybe 2 inches of sand.

My trates have been hovering between 0 and 5. :-( But it;s still only a few months old so I gotta have patience. lol

carey said:
I have almost 6 inches of pfs in my DT and run a refugium with chaeto and live rock and maybe 2 inches of sand.

My trates have been hovering between 0 and 5. :-( But it;s still only a few months old so I gotta have patience. lol

Andd this is why I will be adding another 100 lbs of sand to my tank..

coffeetwitch said:
lol i was talked out of a dsb in my dt by the guy that owns the lswfs and for the life of me i cant remember why

I recommend a good smack...no but seriously why would someone do that

coffeetwitch said:
lol i was talked out of a dsb in my dt by the guy that owns the lswfs and for the life of me i cant remember why

Same with me they said it wasn't necessary. While I understand it isn't I now think the benefits are worth it. Which is why I am in the process of adding more sand to my DT.

my memory is really fuzzy, crs, but something about there are many ways to filter a saltwater tank. a dsb is one of them but not the only way.

Back
Top Bottom