New 125 gallon reef tank need help with tang selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acolaojr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi a couple of months ago I bought a 34 gallon rsm and like everyone said I ended up getting a larger tank 125 gallons which has been cycling for about 3 and a half weeks now. I have been researching different tangs for a while and keep finding different information on each tang. I could really use some advice based on experience not just articles. I would like 3 tangs total. A must is the yellow tang. I am on the fence about a blue hippo, kole tang powder brown tang or nano tang. Any feed back would greatly be appreciated. I am currently on vacation and will post picks as soon as I get home. Thanks in advance for your help.

I recommend taking the blue hippo off your list since you are having a hard time choosing amongst tangs. After one of those fish grow big, then you will feel differently about keeping one in a 125g. People have a blue hippo in a 125g, buts a lot of questions are raised through many reef forums and many hobbyist are questioning if 180g is even big enough.

A tomini tang would be a good choice. They are good in a 70 so they would be really happy in a 125, and I think they are pretty good looking.

Thanks for the advice I think I am going to go with a yellow, kole, and powder brown tang. And yes my auto spell corrected the naso tang in my previous post. I really would like to add a bright blue colored fish to the mix. Doesn't have to be a tang. Any suggestions? Wrasses?

Back
Top Bottom