NEW 125Gallon Coming HOME Friday! (UPDATE PICS!!!!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a 125g setup from member JamesR! I am so excited, he has made my week. I am going to NC, 350 miles away Friday to pick it up! This will be my official set up thread.

I will be tearing down the 75g to make room for my new baby. The deal that I got was amazing!! James is a top notch guy!

Here is the thread: http://aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=48740&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I will be posting my experience in pics, picking up the new set up and tearing down the old. Wish me luck!

Good for you Rev. How are you getting this thing home? Look forward to the updates (hint: I love in-progress pics). ENJOY

I am taking a van, or a Uhaul truck or enclosed trailor. I am going to check them out and see what will be best and affordable...

I will pos pics of the progress for sure. I am trying to talk my wife into letting me put thenew tank in a new spot. That way the transition from the old tank to new will be a whol lot easier... :wink:

Didnt sleep a wink last night!!!! :lol: :lol:

You got a great deal there! Very cool. I can't wait to see it in its new home. Are you keeping the livestock?

Thanks all!! I am going to keep the Naso, Powder blue, and the clowns. Maybe the coral beauty. Got to see how they will do in a reef. The angel will go to a lfs. Some of my current fish will go to the lfs as well. The White Cheek and Tomato will go. This will be my tank fish list. Tell me if it looks ok to you.

4 percs
Naso
Powderblue
Gramma
Yellow Tailed Damsel
Coral Beauty???

Congrats Rev. The tank is in good hands. :D Like everyone, I can't wait to see it set back up.

You're letting go of your White Cheek?! Let me know when you're going and I'll meet you there to take him off your hands! (scrambles to find a tank for white cheek)...

What a terrible terrible shame! Great deal though. I probably wouldn't keep 4 percs (but then there's a better than even chance I wouldn't keep any of them so take that with a grain of salt :) ) I would probably also ditch the damsel, trade it in for 3 chromis. Again that's just me!

I am ditching the whitcheek due to the agression i'm sure will take place with him and the powder blue. The PB, Naso, CB, are all living in harmony right now.
As far as the clowns go, they are some of my favorite fish. I probably will get rid of two of them to make room for some gobies, and firefish.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks for the advice.

See thats the thing, I love clownfish too, theyre always so active, its just I wasnt sure if the 'rule' changed with a larger tank.

Just out of curiosity if you are willing to part with the clowns do you think you would be able to ship them to Milwaukee? I have been looking for a pair of tank raised true perc. clowns, but havent had much luck. Well if you can please help out.

I tried asking my lfs to put me on a list so that when they get in a pair they would call me... this was about a year ago...

I am trying to talk my wife into letting me put thenew tank in a new spot.
Her side of the bed? I can hear it now..."Oh honey, you can sleep just fine standing up against the wall" :lol:

In a 125, I'm not sure how the clowns will do. You might get away with it. I introduced 2 of them at the same time, and they stayed on opposite ends of the tank, and only occasionally came over to one another. When they did, they weren't aggressive either.

I'd ditch the damsel and trade in for chromis, as suggested.

Good luck on the new tank! Sounds great. :)

Hi all quick update:

I am going to NC friday night and spending the night. The next morning I will pick up the tank and head home. My 75g tank is broke down and moved into the garage. It took me about 4-5 hrs. I figured I would get that part done so when I get home I can put the 125g right into place and start transferring the coral and LR over.

I have all my coral and a bit of lr in a 31g rubbermaid tub. It is one of those that is long and shallow. It's about 36" long. I have my fish in there as well with a heater and 2 ph's.

I have another 20g set up with all the remaining LR, chaeto, and shrimp. Heater and Ph.

I will post pics tonight when I get home. :wink:

We had a Coral Beauty and had to take him back to the store, cause he was eating our corals, which we were told they wouldn't do. It was a mess too, cause we had to take a lot of the rock out just to catch him. If you are doing reefs, then i would be cautious.

BTW, your tank looks great, can't wait to see the pic's of the new one!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom