New 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks it's finally stocked full. I have

2 clowns
1 purple tang
1 naso tang
1 purple firefish
1 six line wrasse
1 flame hawk fish
4 blue green chromis
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty

Do you think that's too many? Parameters are staying good so far, but I know all the fish will grow!

Jsmith79 said:
Thanks it's finally stocked full. I have

2 clowns
1 purple tang
1 naso tang
1 purple firefish
1 six line wrasse
1 flame hawk fish
4 blue green chromis
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty

Do you think that's too many? Parameters are staying good so far, but I know all the fish will grow!

Might have issues with the flame and coral beauty...

Yeah I thought I might, but they come with the new tank I bought and the lady who owned them said they have got along for almost a year, and never bothered her corals so I thought I would give them a try. I have an aggressive 180 set up fowlr if they don't work out.

Hondatek said:
For feeding i feed mine small amounts once a day. Whole krill , clams, mussels , table shrimp , hermits, emerald crabs , crayfish, scallops, squid no fish ever. I'm still in the short term with him and other fish . So far so good. Fast moving non aggressive fish is the key to keeping them with tankmates. You do have to realize they can be aggressive and some kill all tankmates. Also if your attached to any fish i would reconsider. They can kill your fish with one bite. Anything else you would like to know you can ask here or pm me I will be glad to help.

When you feed pork chop clams and mussels, do you just put the whole thing in the tank?

I open the clams and put them in the tank on the half shelf. Mussels I feed the frozen cubes just thawed in tank water but i don't mush it up I just drop it while it's still cubed but soft. Whatever bits he shoots out his gills the other fish eat lol.

Hondatek said:
I open the clams and put them in the tank on the half shelf. Mussels I feed the frozen cubes just thawed in tank water but i don't mush it up I just drop it while it's still cubed but soft. Whatever bits he shoots out his gills the other fish eat lol.

No wonder he didn't eat them, I just put them in whole, he eats about anything else though!

I tried that for some reason it was really blurry, video looked great on my phone but when I tried to watch it on you tube it sucked

I just got a TDs meter checked and my tap water has 283ppm and after rodi filter still have 240ppm I just replaced the sediment and carbon micron which I've done every six months and I also replaced di resin, also has been done every six months. The inline carbon filter was replaced six months ago which was 1 year after install. I did not know about TDs meter and testing untill I read about it on here, then I ordered one and tested water. My readings seem very high looks like it should be close to zero, but my tanks have been ok and parameters are good. Nitrates have always ran a little high between 5 and 10 ppm, but everything else is ok. Is water with that high of a reading ok to use? Should my rodi be able to bring reading close to zero? Maybe I need a new membrane already. Any input would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom