New 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are 3 1400 koralia's and 1400 gph through the sump enough flow for a 150 I have 1 in the middle and one on each end? I had 2 950 gph cheap power heads, in the middle, but they don't stay on the glass well.

I would think you'll be ok on the flow. :)

I have 2 1400's and a return of about 1200 in my 125 and everything is good.

Thanks, I have a stock list of

1 naso tang
1 purple tang
1 coral beauty
1 blue tang
1 sand sifting goby(not sure of name, he has a yellow head)
4 chromis
2 ocellaris clowns

Is that about right for a 150 or can I have more, or is it too many?

IMG_0750[1].jpg

coolest thermometer picture, this is a picture of my sea urchin riding on my turbo snail, and carrying the tank thermometer, of course you can't take a picture without the naso tang in it he thinks he is famous!

Awesome fish! I love the tangs. Looks like the urchin is trying to make sure you temp is accurate throughout the tank.

Next weekend was going for a couple more fish, right now I have
4 chromis
2 ocellaris clowns
1 naso tang
1 purple tang
Going to add a coral beauty
A small blue tang, and a sand sifting gobi
Do you think that's enough for a 150 or can I have more?

I think the tangs will be taking up too much space to add much at all. Maybe some perchers like blennies or another small fish....

Jsmith79 said:
Next weekend was going for a couple more fish, right now I have
4 chromis
2 ocellaris clowns
1 naso tang
1 purple tang
Going to add a coral beauty
A small blue tang, and a sand sifting gobi
Do you think that's enough for a 150 or can I have more?

Think you can have more. Just add slowly to ensure your tanks bioload catches up... But I think your list is great and could add a lil more!!! very nice tank!

Jsmith79 said:
Thanks both of you for your input, any recommended blennies.

Starry... Mine has so much personality...

Last edited:
New to corals, What beginner level corals are cool, and what can I get with the lighting I already have? I have the 72" aquatic life t5 ho and lunar light fixture, it has 4 36" t5 ho 10000k 39w am bulbs, and 4 36" t5 ho 420/460 39w am bulbs and the 6 lunar LEDs. The tank is 27" deep.

Jsmith79 said:
I was looking on live Aquaria, do you think what I have would be considered moderate lighting?

Mr. X is best person to ask, but I would say yes IMO...

I would consider that moderate as well. Eight bulbs over 27" depth is kinda pushing it though I;m sure with some creative placement you can get other more light needy specimens. :)

Thanks, I will probably need to switch salt to reef crystals, instead of the basic instant ocean won't I? And what extra test kits will I need for corals?

Jsmith79 said:
Thanks, I will probably need to switch salt to reef crystals, instead of the basic instant ocean won't I? And what extra test kits will I need for corals?

Calcium, magnesium, alk, pH, trates, trites, ammonia... Named them all... Lol

Back
Top Bottom