New 150 gallon salt water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterfish-22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am setting up a new 150 gallon tank. I have a 55 gallon that is doing very well but I have moved into a bigger place & am upgrading but I need to budget.. :( what's the best place to get live sand & live rock.. on a price per pound basis..

I am setting up a new 150 gallon tank. I have a 55 gallon that is doing very well but I have moved into a bigger place & am upgrading but I need to budget.. :( what's the best place to get live sand & live rock.. on a price per pound basis..

Most people like marcorocks.com or craigslist from what I know.

If you use the live rock from your established tank you can just fill in the rest with base rock which is usally about $2.50 a lb versus live rock which tops $8 a lb some places.

I got all my base rock from ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae and have been very satisfied with the quality and the overall company. You can even email them what types and sizes you want and they will hook you up. I think it's now $105 for 50lbs with free delivery.

Back
Top Bottom