New 15gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aron02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there good day,

I just set a new 15gal salt water tank i bought live sand and 16lbs of live rock, when i bought the live rock it has a foul smell so i decide to wash it by tap water but i dont clean too much worrying that it would not be a live rock anymore if i clean it too much i did everything what my lfs told me to do the water is crystal clear but the smell
Of the water is not good and when i check the ammonia it was too high.
What should i do to lower down the ammonia and what is the indication that i could put fish already

Thank you

If you bought funky smelling live rock that's not a good sign. Washing it in tap water is also not a good thing to do. I would recommend buying some liquid test kits so you can monitor your water, then read the articles on here on how to cycle a salt water tank. If your plan is for a reef tank you shouldn't be using tap water at all but a bit more research is needed before you add livestock...

Where could i read the articles maybe the research that i did is not enough, thank you so much i hope in few more days my tank will be stable

I don't think they come up on the mobile site so you'd have to log in from a desktop computer. Your cycle will take 3-4 weeks so plenty of time to do some more reading.

Back
Top Bottom