new 180

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as the 2x4 go the short way and you put them every foot it is more then enough to support 5000 lbs plus my doors are 2 and half foot wide so enough to get the dump in.

Yea I can't wait to get mine set up. How much is he trying to charge you?

Yea I left the stand with the person I bought it off of. I got it for 250 with internal overflows. Had to drive 3 he's for it but well worth it.

this one doesn't have overflows, i'll have to drill them and i'll probably redo all the silicone seals as well

I wouldn't go crazy on the seals unless he did them himself. If they are factory seals I would say leave them. They do it everyday and no offense but are prob better at it then me or you.

it was a custom built aquarium, but remember the silicone drys out over time weather the factory does a better job or not they can eventually still leak

They do but not if there has been water in most of the time. If it has been in storage for a long time then yes do them but if not I wouldn't worry about it.

Most silicon has a 30 yr life span so unless it has been stored in an extremly dry enviornment it us most likely fine.

I hear u on the safe side but with something that size and the amount of pressure that the water creates make sure u completly clear the old silicone and separate the glass pieces so the silicone reaches all the way thru for a complete seal.

Now only if my consruction background can not only make a "pretty" stand but also make a stable enviornment I will be all set. But unfortunatly not that easy lol

i have a construction backgroun also, by my expertise are in the lighting and electrical part of the aquariums

Lol that is the one part I don't have. I have always subbed the electrical parts out. Wish I new more about that would love to do diy hood but unfortunatly electrical has always scarred me.

I will build a house from the foundation up but not touch a wire lol

sure you can do that you just might need a hanger to do so, but i don't know if those LEDs will be powerfull enough for a reef system.

if you want to go with LEDs looking into going with cree LEDs, you can get DIY retro fit kits from rapidled for pretty cheap

Cree 3 w leds. Would 75 of them for a total 225 watts be sufficient. 40 blue 20 white and 15 high whites. Set up in 5 rows of 15?

Back
Top Bottom