New 20 gallon tank equipment questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have picked up a 20 gallon tank for cheap and wanted some advice on what to get meaning what works what doesn't . So far I have a 10 gallon tank that I will make a sump out of. This is going to be a soft coral tank with maybe one or two LPS and 2 fish(sixline wrasse and some sort of goby) I am not setting the tank up till maybe December just wanted to start acquiring the equipment that I will need. Also this is my first sw tank so will it be reasonable for a first sw tank. I know for sure that I am getting soft coral even if is just zoos.
Also is it better to drill the aquarium or have an hob overflow

What I am getting so far

120 watt led light
40 pounds live aragonite sand
All the conditioners and chemicals I can possibly need(still researching)
Of course live rock
Reef crystals
And will figure out all the plumbing stuff when I get to that point.
2x nano powerheads
Reef tank test kit
Already have an RODI system

budget
500 not counting the above items

Some ideas on good skimmers and other stuff that I forgot to post.

Thnks

I would skip the wrasse for a tank that size. They can be aggressive and I wouldn't want to cram them in too much.

You could also go with dry rock to keep the costs down and help keep unwanted pests out.

It's far better to drill the tank now rather than kicking yourself later for not doing it.

For the refugium I would add a couple clip on shop lights to grow macro algae in there.

Back
Top Bottom