New 20g aquarium When to add coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added the live sand and salt to my aquarium today and will be buying some cured live rock from my LFS. Overall I want to have a Oscellaris clown, firefish, and another goby whose name I forgot. I am curious as to how long I should expect to wait before it is safe to add some beginner corals to the tank?

Have a read of the cycling threads on here, they will tell you what to expect and gives you a good indication of the nitrogen cycle. Each tank varies depending on size, amount of rock etc...

Usually a week after the cycle or so! Id suggest buying a 10$ frag or 2, seeing how they do for a week or so, and if they do fine then you can get some other coral. Make sure you dont buy any corals that require established tanks! Do some research first! :D

So it's going to be a reef? Is it your first saltwater tank? Are you set up for lighting and flow?

Ultimately I want this to be a reef. I am perfectly happy to take it slow with making it into one. I have dual T5HO lights and powerheads for circulation. Yes this is going to be my first saltwater aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom