New 20gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought of Craigslist a 20 gal tall with two separate filters both freshwater I've been considering making a nano tank out of it. The filters are a bio wheel wheel and another tetra filter. It has heater and a regular hood light on it. I'm wondering what else would be needed as far as equipment?

If you want a nano FOWLR, you don't really need to upgrade light at all -any light you like will do. If you're wanting reef, then you'll need to upgrade light. For either type, you'll need: rock, test kits, sand(unless going bare bottom), circulation pumps- I would do 2 smaller ones versus 1 big one, as that makes it easier to get rid of dead areas. For reef tank you'll want 30-50gph x size of tank (20g=600-1000gph); for FOWLR you only need 10-30x (200-600gph).

It depends on the size of those filters. For SW you'll want rated at least twice the size of the tank. Also, a thermometer would be great! :)

DanRamirez57 said:
Your awesome I'm excited to start a saltwater cycle:)
I had FW for 4 years before trying SW. And I LOVE SW!!! Switched my FW to SW too!! (Found a great new home for my FW fish first) you're gonna love it!!

I'm new to saltwater about a month ago I traded for a 75 gal saltwater reef setup but want to start one myself

Back
Top Bottom