New 28 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ni111

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all im new to the site and too keeping saltwater fish. I have done all my research so dont worry im not going to be putting 4 clown fish in with 2 tangs a puffer water and a bag of salt. I know the basics on pretty much setting up the tank to feeding. Just needed abit of advice on what else i could purchase. I have the salt water at the right salinity, two internal bio filters, an external filter, a lid with built in t5 lighting, a heater. My sand bed is like a rough sand with little bits of stone in. Is this a problem or will this be able to grow into live sand ? Plus im getting my live rock as soon as possible but i dont know how much i would need? Baring in mind im only planning on keeping fish and a crabs, prawns etc. And last of all, do i need more equipment ? Sorry for all the questions but i just dont want to be wasting all this money getting a fish and it dies in the next week :) Thank you

What tank is it? Is it an all in one tank? JBJ?

And should get at least 1 pound of live rock per gallon so 28 pounds.

And it does not matter what type of sand you're using, it'll turn live soon enough.

Yes just an all in one tank. Thanks for the advice on the sand but i have read on some places if im not keeping corals or annenomys i dont need 1 pound per gallon because if i did have to it would cost me about £140 for the live rock. Also would i need power heads of some sort ? i allready have filters creating a lot of current but does that not do the job ? Thanks alot

I would put a small Powerhead but it's not necessary. The rule of live rock is to have as much as you can, because they keep nitrites and ammonia levels down, because this is your biggest biological filter. I suggest getting as much as it would take to look nice.

Its okay just read the box of the two internal filters and the top of each one are like a small powerhead they are also adjustable for power and on a pivot so they are really helpfull :) thank you for advice :D

Back
Top Bottom