New 28gal Saltwater Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HookedOnFishh

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently have been researching saltwater for the past few months. I just tore down my 28gal tank and moved all the FW fish into my 72gal and 150gal (both FW.) I've been getting ready on equipment, and fianly planning my last bits for my tank.
Here s what I have:
Stock
2 clowns probably B&W
Maybe Coral beauty
1 firefish
1 Goby shrimp pair
1royal gramma
No coral beauty then a Possum wrasse
Lighting I orderd a Orbit, Tunze nanstream, a bak pak. And some more small stuff.
Corals manly mushroom leather dominant, hammer or frogspawn, hopefully a candy cane coral.
Any things that are good on the list? Need to take some off? I am doing the cycle and I'm slowly adding fish after ammuioa, nitrate spike. Then, I'll slowly add corals and invertsbers.
Sorry if I misspeled anything!

Might want to stay away from the Coral Beauty if your going with Corals, theres a chance he'll nip at those. But he may not, some get nice Coral Beauties, and some not to nice.

I agree with RM on the coral beauty. Mine went four years as a perfect citizen and then all of a sudden just started munching on the corals. I had to tear my whole tank apart to get him and I would not wish that on anyone. IMO just better to waive the CB off if you are going to have corals.

That and a 28 is way too small for a coral beauty. It'd go postal on other inhabitants before it died.
I'd limit this to the 2 clowns, firefish, and the goby.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks everyone! After a deep research CB are not worthy for this tank. I just got my supplies firm Doctors Fosters and Smith and planning to start everything thing soon.

If CB don't work in pretty sure Churb angelfish won't either?

Sadly no. There aren't any dwarf angels I'm aware of that will go into a 28. Since you know of the doctors, check out their liveaquaria site to get what I think are the best tank requirement recommendations out there.

Thanks, I did further resreacrh you are correct. I'll pass on this one.

Here is my fish stock now on Christmas Day!

1 Clownfish ( name is Dumb his other partner was dumber ;( )
1 Bagnai Cardinal (name is Piggy)
1 yellowtail Damsel
1 six line wrasse
1 Purple Dottyback (very peaceful I knew about having one but I still got him doesn't hurt a fly!)

1 Astera snail
2 Nrite snails
1 cleaner shrimp
1 hermit crab
(Looking for more algae eaters) any ideas?

*edited out. I didn't realize this was a salt thread. I use the app and read everything new. Please disregard.

Last edited:
The cleaner shrimp isn't going to touch any algae, and as for the rest you should only add enough that they'll have something to eat. Cuc is a gimmick as cleaning the tank is your job, and they are completely unnecessary to a healthy tank. That said if you like the look of having snails and crabs then by all means add some, but as I said before you need something for them to eat. As for the sand sifting snails, nassarious are the type that burrow under the sand, they are carnivores though and won't touch any algae.

Ok I mean like algae on the rocks. The cleaner is for decor since I always love them

Back
Top Bottom