New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty cool to have an egg, hope to see him do well in all the stages, then become a beautiful active little guy.

Thank you. I'm hoping too. It looks like the yolk is pretty well gone as it's just the cord left. The egg still looks pretty solid though. Hoping he'll get out of it soon.

Patience grasshopper. Looking at your latest pic, it's gonna be soon. With the direction his head is facing I would flip the egg over so when he comes out he's head down

Lol.. I'm working on it. Patience is not one of my virtues though. I'll flip over the egg tomorrow and hope for the best.

That's fantastic! Looks good too!

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, you called it. Thank you for the advice. I wasn't home when it happened unfortunately. Hopefully he'll be eating in a few days. How long should I wait until I try?

I'd try tomorrow. Mine ate on day 2. I used a shrimp skewer to dangle a piece of shrimp in front of him. Squeeze the shrimp over the water getting the scent in the water. He'll "wake up" and start moving......then put it in front of him. I would get him used to eating like this so he doesn't mistake a tank mate for lunch

Will do, thanks. I have some raw shrimp I use for my other fish, so I'll cut a small piece for him tomorrow. Very happy day!!

My kids named it Bruce after the shark in Finding Nemo. Hopefully it'll follow the same rules. "Fish are friends, not food!" Lol

It ate a piece of shrimp yesterday, so I was happy about that! I'll feed again tomorrow to see if I can get him to eat again. So far, so good:) And I will keep a log on this thread as time goes on TheTodd. It seems like a good way to go with it. He is still too small to go in the 300 gallon tank with the grouper. Maybe in a month or two depending on its growth rate. Rather be safe than sorry on the move.

Back
Top Bottom