New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's a 90 gal rr??
Honda come out with an aquarium??

Congrats...Beautiful. Hope it plays nice with the others. I've always wanted one, but have been afraid because of their reputation. Those and Sohals..two of my faves that I will probably never get the guts to buy.

So far, so good with it. The grouper seems to be keeping him in check. He's not harassing the others, hopefully things will stay that way. I think the unicorn tang is just big enough to where the clown leaves him alone. Remarkable colors and pattern on this guy.

Keep an eye on him, it wont be long before he decides he wants that tank all to himself Awesome fish but can get mean when they get larger.

Will do, thank you for that. It seems having the grouper in there helps... At least for now.

Well time for an update since it's been some time. The clown tang wiped out the entire tank except for the Niger trigger, lunare wrasse, and the zebra eel. Not happy at all. It was a week or two after I got it that things started going down hill. I don't know what it had, but infected everyone else. I let the tank sit with just those three fish left for a couple months. Then slowly started adding again. Not the fish I want as I really liked my stock, but they're okay for now. Livestock added to date are a clown fish, bird wrasse, rectangle trigger, porcupine puffer, heniochus, sailfin tang, and if course my SHARK!! Lol. So far so good with these additions. They all get along well and are eating and growing nicely. Never ever will i not quarantine a fish. EVER!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That stinks, but at least you did not lose everything. I've experienced two total loss scenarios over the years. QT sure makes sense after those experiences.

Just a question... What would you do with a dead 4ft eel? Obviously not flush it down the toilet? Sushi?

He eel survived luckily, along with the wrasse and trigger. Pretty hardy fish apparently

I think you're stocking too fast. That's a huge bio-load with all those messy eaters lol The system needs time to adjust. How long do you QT for? I do 4-6 weeks myself.

The new fish aren't very big right now, but I'll keep an eye out on the parameters. I QT for four weeks unless there's any sign of a problem. Then it's four weeks after they clear up.

Back
Top Bottom