New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following and I'm also in the Denver area if you want me to come look and sit and stare in awwwwwww at your tank haha

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shark is still hanging our in the egg. I finished the stand today. Needs paint or stain maybe, but all is cut and in place. What do you think?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388272753.367877.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388272765.271185.jpg

Thanks! Got done just in time. Storm started rolling in and only going to have a high of 23 degrees tomorrow. It was in the upper 50's today.

Just got the phosguard I ordered. Trying to get ahead of diatoms before they start running amuck. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388273917.815450.jpg

Not sure about the sand I got and really don't like diatoms in my tank. It's a big tank, so the less work I have to put in scrubbing, etc. the better. The sand is Quickrete brand and I know there are a small amount of silicates in it. This should absorb them and keep a major outbreak from occurring.

I was under the impression that it was the free swimming sharks that needed a round tank, not the cat sharks. IMO, it belongs in the 300.

Thank you Mr X. I'm looking forward to it hatching. In viewing some YouTube videos of catsharks, it should do fine with a rectangular tank. They seem to stop a lot unlike the free swimming ones that are constantly moving which would be a reason why they need the circular tank. No science behind my thoughts, just based on observation.

I'm hoping it will go well. The fish in the tank should do alright with it. They're bigger than they look in the pictures. One day closer!

The grouper is about 7-8 inches and very dominant. I have the shark hatching in the 150 gallon tank for that reason and because if the eel. I'm not quite as concerned with the eel as I am the grouper though. I'll see how big the shark is when born and how active he's going to be too. I don't think the grouper can eat it, but could definitely stress it out though. Which is just as bad. Definitely requires a close eye with their interaction.

The grouper is liable to eat anything that can fit into his enormous mouth. And he is probably not near done growing. This is going to be challenging to you!

Yes it will. But it's a challenge that I'm looking forward to. The shark will be in his own tank for a little while to observe, and see how it goes from there. The grouper probably has another 4-6 inches of growth left in him. Hopefully the shark grows quickly.

Back
Top Bottom