New 30g updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok after 3 days heres where im at.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
pH 7.8
SG 1.22

The tank has cleared, mus have been the sand getting stirred up during the setup that was making it cloudy.

I have about 20lbs of LR and a raw shrimp in there. Im planning on adding another 25lbs of rock soon.

Wehn should i start thinking about bringing my pH up? In a week or so?

Worry about your pH at the end of your cycle. I wouldn't bother with it for now. It should even out (depending on your salt brand) between 8 and 8.2 naturally.

HTH

I also agree to just wait for the cycle to run its course. Patience is a virtue

Here is the tank as of now...slowly but surely...

Attachments

• pict0003_191.jpg
    pict0003_191.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 74
I have that hydrometer.....it is off by about .005....thought my salinity was at 1.022 but I bought a refracto and it was at 1.027! I think I did the math right....Just an FYI....

PS Nice tank though!

Yes it is a pile of crap lol! It goes from all different ranges LOL.

I just ordered a digital therm. because i dont trust its temp either.

Im just going to get a refractometer.

Alright its been about a week.

Ammonia 0
pH 7.8
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 5

How am I looking so far?

Also when established, what pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels should I shoot for?

Ok so my shrimp is basically a glob of gel, there is nothing of the shrimp left, it has become a mush. Can I remove it?

Go ahead and remove it. I am sure your cycle is underway. Maybe add a couple piches of flake food every few days to keep it going.

Ok I just did a test.

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Ammonia 0
pH 8

How am I looking? Another week maybe? Then maybe add a cleanup crew? Crap has settled all over my powerhead plumbing...need something to eat it off.

Back
Top Bottom