New 37 gallon setup. Need some help selecting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billy V.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a 37 reef style tank. I have had tanks before but I wanna get back into it. I wanna get some fish and invert ideas from people. What u look good in it? Thanks! Billy

Attachments

• image-3708516474.jpg
    image-3708516474.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3151813470.jpg
    image-3151813470.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1575268823.jpg
    image-1575268823.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 61
It looks good! Maybe add a few plants to add some color but other than that I like it.

When did you set up the tank? Is it cycled yet if not than you have plenty of time to figure out what fish you want. I think some fire fish would look great.

Looks good. A lot of rock and looks stacked. If you could make some arches and allow flow to go through it that would lessen the amount of dead spots there would be (where detritus accumulates and causes nitrate problems). There are lots of options. Look on live aquaria.com or bluezooaquatics.com if you haven't already. A midas blenny and purple firefish would be awesome. Just stay away from damsels (very territorial)!

Just set it up Sunday. I got a while lol. Just lookin for ideas. My last was a 55 gallon with a puffer. Wanna have a lot of activity but keep everything happy.

What is your lighting? The reef style as in peaceful community fish and corals or without corals?

What would u use to start the cycle? I know I don't want damsels lol. They r mean as crap!!

Well I don't have lighting for corals right yet but eventually wanna get one. The one I have for the 55 won't work lol. Wish it was a little shorter lol. I want it peaceful and active.

A table shrimp in a net or sock. Or if you want something that doesn't have such a foul smell you can get pure ammonia. They sell it at some hardware stores. Make sure it doesn't have a scent.

Raw shrimp from your grocery store will work. The gray ones not red when they are red they are already cooked

Nvm I read it wrong. Got ya. My rock and skimmer came directly off my 55. Just took it down Sunday also. I'm sure all the bacteria is still in the skimmer.

Thanks for the welcome. Already love the board. Y'all r being very helpful.

No problem. The rock will speed up the cycle. The skimmer juice is organic waste and wouldn't recommend dumping that in the tank if that's what you mean. And no problem, AA is a great forum.

Oh no didn't mean that but I didn't clean the skimmer or anything.

I have 3 power heads in it along with a back pack skimmer thing and a bio wheel. Has plenty circulation.

Do u order fish off of these? Is it a good idea or no? Thanks

I personally never have, but that's because of the $35 shipping. These are top quality companies that have many happy customers. They know exactly what they're doing and have fair prices. It's just the shipping that I've never been fond of.

Back
Top Bottom