New 40 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Getting all set up on my new 40 gal I did water test yesterday it's been up and running for about 3 weeks ammonia is at a 0 as well are the nitrites. My nitrates are a little low. Any tips or pointers that I need to know about?

image-1365355377.jpg

You put any ammonia source in yet? As that looks to be all dry base rock and dry sand

Last edited by a moderator:
Id do a partial water change to get your trates down, looks like u can go ahead and add some inverts and possibly ur first fish :)

I got three turban snails the other day and did a partial water change today I'm gonna test again tomorrow and if it looks good I may get a clown

Good idea,tank raised clowns are often way more hardy then real wild clowns, less susceptable to brokynellia, maybe think of getting a pair? How about a coral beauty?

Yea a pair is my plan. My current stock list plan is 2 clowns a six line wrasse and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish the guy at my LFS said they should do fine just to put them in in that order. Any opinion on that? And I do like the coral beauty. Lol

Id leave the dwarf fuzzy lion out, unless you get him smaller then the clowns and wrasse, and say goodbye to your clean up crew they will eat all your snails and shrimp, and id add the lionfish with the pair of clowns to decerease aggressiveness and increase familiarity,

Back
Top Bottom