New 40 Gallon Office Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possolutions

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Guys,

I am starting a new tank in my office. I already have some supplies that we given to me. I will post the details of the supplies a little later. Eventually I want to keep nice Clown fish and some easy to take care of coral and anemones.

I will also be posting pictures of my tank as it progresses.

I heard this place is the best site on the net for fish lovers.

Thank you SpeedEuphoria and melosu58 for you prompt responses.

My first question.

I have about 50 pounds of LR that isnt so live anymore. They have been bone dry for over 1 year. I have a VERY tight budget and I am not in an incredible hurry to put fish or corals in my tank yet. Is it possible that the bone dry liverock will come back to life after being in the salt water to a couple months? Should I place a couple of new live rock to stimulate growth? Suggestions?

you'll need to introduce bacteria to the tank somehow. some use a piece of raw shrimp for this purpose. eventually, the bacteria will colonize in the rock.

Is it possible that the bone dry liverock will come back to life after being in the salt water to a couple months? Should I place a couple of new live rock to stimulate growth?

It is very possible. Yes do like you say and add it to the tank and seed it with a few pieces of real LR. As mentioned above you`ll need an ammonia source and I dont know if the die off of a few pieces of LR will be enough. Read about cycling your tank in our article section.

Cycling and other info under my sig file.
Welcome to the site!

Back
Top Bottom