New 40g breeder build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got a new tank!Its a 40g breeder. I plan on using the same equipment I had for my 45g build:two Hydor Koralia Circulation and Wave Pumps, 2 Eheim 75 Watt heaters and approximately 60 -70 lbs of rock.
I have a question about led lighting for a FOWLR. I have a budget of no more than $200 and I have a timer I would like to be able to use with day and night lights.I have read reviews and watched YouTube reviews but I am still not sure what light would look good and be able to expand for a reef later. I need to be able to mount it directly to the tank,not hanging from the ceiling, or on the glass canopy. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 40g breeder.jpg
    40g breeder.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 112
I like the stand where'd you get it ? I did a diy stand.which seems to be temporary for now

The orbit marine led would be an option. The light isn't completely proven yet, but it goes right on the tank. Carey, a user here used it on her 40b tank. Her thread should be around here and you can read it and see if it would work for you. It can support Softies and LPS, however SPS are still being questioned.

led lighting

I like the stand where'd you get it ? I did a diy stand.which seems to be temporary for now
I got the stand off Amazon.I would keep looking.It looks nice but it arrived damaged and the material wasn't worth what I paid which was a little over $200 after a partial refund.(It wasn't worth sending back so I took a partial refund to keep it as is.)
I looked at Carey's 40g build and got some great ideas.As it turns out the light she is using is one of my top choices.My other choice is:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71qB8fCtTSL._SL1500_.jpg using http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yeIV6Wa1L._SL1500_.jpg from Amazon.
What do you think?:thanks:

Those Tao panels Are extremely common. So many users on here have them. They will grow anything you'd like. They only cover a 24"24" square each.

Sorry still figuring out telephone app see first aquascape take two

Sent from my HTC One mini using Aquarium Advice mobile app

RO DI Unit

I have been researching RO/DI units today and read a manual for the
AquaFX Barracuda RO/DI Units that said that it had to be used with soft water only.Is that true for all RO/DI units?

Back
Top Bottom