new 55-gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, do you know why one of my posts did not show up? I put a link in it and it gave a message that it needed to be approved by a moderator...I'm assuming this happened because I put a link in there?

Most qt's tanks have NO rock or sand as if you do have to medicate they will absorb the meds making it unuseable. :)

just a bare bottom tank, heater, filter and maybe some pvs tubes for the fish to hide and feel safe in.

Most qt's tanks have NO rock or sand as if you do have to medicate they will absorb the meds making it unuseable. :)

just a bare bottom tank, heater, filter and maybe some pvs tubes for the fish to hide and feel safe in.

+1. Also, no lights are necessary, since they can stress out the fish.

Would it be bad to have a very thin layer of sand and a few small rocks to make it look okay (since my only place for it is in my living room) and if I need to medicate I can pull them out? Also for ick I was thinking of trying the hypo salinity method so then the rocks and sand wouldn't matter. But I heard this method is much harder to do (but good for the fish).

The process works, and isn't much harder to do. But I would still take all of the sand and rocks out of the tank and put in some PVC pipe.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I will do what's recommended with PVC only.

I think this will be my plan for stocking - any experience with these? Do you think it's a good order to put them in (one at a time of course)?

yellowtail damsel or if too aggressive the bicolor dottyback instead
Kaudern's cardinal (probably 2)
Clarki clownfish
coral beauty angel
six line wrasse

Back
Top Bottom