New 60 gallon rimless cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reisy00

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally got my 60gallon rimless cube. It's a marineland with corner overflow. Going to upload throughout this build. Tonight I start my stand.

ATTACH]

Having problems uploading pictures. Sorry for the delay

Equipment I will be using on tank
Lighting: Apollo Reef LED
Sump: Aqueon ProFlex
Skimmer: ASM mini G
Powerhead: Jebao wp-25 x 2
Return pump: ???

Looks good. :)

Is the mini g gonna be good enough is my thought though. I have a 60g rimless cube and I was running an eshopps psk 150 on it and it seemed fine with that.

I would also say that the wp25's might be a tad much for such a small (length) tank. It is only 24 inches like mine I am assuming. I use a single vortech mp10 in mine and it gives perfect flow.

Just some thoughts.

I might need to upgrade my skimmer eventually we will see. As for the wp25 it give perfect flow for the 60gallon cube I have seen people run 2 on there cubes.

Can someone help me out with plumbing? The tank has the standard marineland corner-flo. Ball valve placement, flex tubing or all PVC, i would like to place a manifold for a phosphate and calcium reactor down the road. Where do I place the manifold? What size return pump? Any recommended brands? Pictures welcome. Thanks!

Plumbing is simple! 3/4 flex line for return and larger flex for drain !tees for other parts should be down near the sump

What size return pump should I use for 60 gallon cube with standard corner overflow. I plan to place a 3 valve manifold; one for calcium reactor, one for phosphate reactor, and one that feeds back to fuge. All running off return pimp.

600gph minimum! Maybe 900 since your spilling off it

I run a mag 9.5 in my 60g cube. I dont run anything off of it though.

Do you really think a calcium reactor is needed? Usually thats for heavilyt stocked tanks.

Probably not needed but I want the extr outlet on the manifold in case down the road I wanna hook one up.

I have it going directly from the sump to the output in the tank. When I wanna run reactors or extra things I use a separate pump for each piece of equipment.

If you run several items off the return pump you will notice alot more head loss as far the output of the return pump.

Back
Top Bottom