NEW 65gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
For my new tank im leaning towards a magnum 350 with the biowheel attachment. coral life needle protein skimmer for probably the 100 gal i do beleive.

Do you agree with me that this should be able to sustain a reef tank????? Please feel free to tell me if you know of problems i may have with this or any better equipment :) Thanks guys :D

So far so good. You may have to add in a powerhead or two to create good water flow.

No experience with the coralife skimmer, sorry.

As for the biowheel, it *may* cause nitrate problems down the road. I'd ditch it if you already have it, or opt to not buy it, if you have not bought the filter yet.

I havent bought anything yet until i get soe opinions on if im good to go or not :)

if you dont have the tank yet get a reef ready with built in overflows. i have a 65 for 3 weeks and i wish i got the reef ready!

I would recommend the reaf ready tank. My 55 gal reef ready was only 40 dollars more than a standard tank. Even if you do not plan on overflows now you will want them in the future.

Everything else looks good to start. Just keep an eye on the nitrates.

Good Luck,
Brian

Well i already have the tank cause the setup was on sale at the LFS. I saved over 300 dollars lol so i dont have the overflows but ill live i hope :)

Back
Top Bottom