New 700 gallon reef tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mnelson66

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am about to purchase new tank 96lx36w x 48h 1.25 inch acrylic bullnose ends (racetrack)

I have been getting quotes from ATM (tanked tv show) and living colour ( fish tank kings show)

Does anyone have any experience dealing with these companies as prices seem very similar

Thanks

Welcome aboard!
IMO if you are going to do a full on reef you may want to reconsider or at least do more research on your lighting. A 48 inch deep system will take some powerful lights to keep corals near the bottom. When it comes to aquariums deeper is not always ways better. The general consensus on this site is Tanked is it's all show and no go. It may be entertaining but I'll bet not many of their systems are successful in the long run. I did a quick search and found this site. http://www.familybizfishtanks.com/bullnose-aquarium There are many others. Unless your are already a salty I'd go with a prefab.

Good luck.

Welcome aboard!
IMO if you are going to do a full on reef you may want to reconsider or at least do more research on your lighting. A 48 inch deep system will take some powerful lights to keep corals near the bottom. When it comes to aquariums deeper is not always ways better. The general consensus on this site is Tanked is it's all show and no go. It may be entertaining but I'll bet not many of their systems are successful in the long run. I did a quick search and found this site. http://www.familybizfishtanks.com/bullnose-aquarium There are many others. Unless your are already a salty I'd go with a prefab.

Good luck.

I am looking at 4 600 watt led lights for this reef

Welcome to AA!! Im overly excited to see this build vome to fruitation. Hopefully youve taken into consideration the hyge amount of money its going to take to not only get it up and running, but to sustain it reliabily day to day

Does anyone know if 1.25 inches thick on acyrylic is ok on a tank this big/ tall or do I need 1.5 inch thick.

I think your safe with 1.25, but 1.5 would be ideal. If the cost is the same, go 1.5. It isnt that big of a deal though. As for which manufacturer go with atm. There tanks and are much higher quality imo.

If you are stickin with the original 96" length id def go 1.5. Going 8 feet on 1.25 seems a bit risky, youd prob get a ton of bow on 1.25 acrylic

Back
Top Bottom