Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #141
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well one of my clownfish died yesterday. I think the temp killed him it was up to 82. Now the other one looks lonely now. Not doing anything or adding anything else until i get my floor project started and finsihed.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #142
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hmmm...My tank hits 82 on occasion and other then an unhappy leather coral when that happens I don't have any other issues. I would check your water parameters to make sure there wasn't something else going on. Unless you keep your tank very cool and it spiked to 82 quickly I don't think that was the cause.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok quick question I have thought and been looking at this. I want to know if I can change my Sump Setup around. I want to put the Macro and LR in the first capartment where the Tank drains into. Then put them skimmer in the middle and return in the last. The first section now is really small for the sump and the drain hose. It really is alot going on and salt creeps alot because of this. So hoping I could mabey make the first section catch the drainage so it would have more time to get rid of some of the bubbles with LR Rubbles and Macro

here is a pic of the way it is setup now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004b.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	17627  
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Freak

Will this work or cause a problem?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #145
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It will work fine. Most people have their skimmer in the first section but if you are having issues with that then change it.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltop View Post
Ok quick question I have thought and been looking at this. I want to know if I can change my Sump Setup around. I want to put the Macro and LR in the first capartment where the Tank drains into. Then put them skimmer in the middle and return in the last. The first section now is really small for the sump and the drain hose. It really is alot going on and salt creeps alot because of this. So hoping I could mabey make the first section catch the drainage so it would have more time to get rid of some of the bubbles with LR Rubbles and Macro

here is a pic of the way it is setup now
I have my sump setup with chaeto in the first section (where the tank drains into) then the heater, a small pump (for the phosphate reactor) and skimmer in the middle section and the return pump in the last section. I also have a phosphate reactor that dumps into the middle section.

HTH
Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #147
Aquarium Advice Freak

I havent posted in a long time so I thought I would give an update. Well this first thing I know everyone is going to say where are the pictures LOL. I will get those on later : ). I finally got the hair algea under control or atleast it seems to be almost all gone now. In the end I just gave up on trying to get rid of it and kept up with my daily stuff. RO Water changes every 2 weeks and feeding every other day. I think it was just needing time and time is what I gave it to work it self out. LOL. Still have my one clownfish and 6 crabs and 10 snails. I have a bunch of little snails now I have noticed around. So now its on to buy a new fish come friday what will it be : ).

Tags
2 gallon, 72 gallon, bow front

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com