New 72 gallon Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Sand yet or Salt LOL. going to get the sand form a local fish store there selling it for 1$ a pound. going to get about 80Lbs i Think. Then try to save up for the LR Next favent decided where I am going to get it yet Because Local its going for 6$ Lb and it would be cheaper to order from Liveaquaria

No kidding! I don't think folks realize just how much of an investment LR is......I lucked out with my last tank set up....the store was going out of business so I got cured LR for $3 a pound.

Make sure you fill with ro/di water....your lfs should have it.

Yeah already got a Ro/Di filter from airwaterice.com I have it setup now just really dont like where I have setup but that can be changed later. Made some water with it already. Havent made a full bucket yet because I dont know how long it can sit in the bucket until I mix it and when I will be ready to add it to the tank. All I really have left to buy now is the LS, LR, and the heaters.

Okay here are some Pictures of what I have so far also Had to take a picture of my White Lab

Attachments

• 001b.jpg
    001b.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 56
  • 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 003b.jpg
    003b.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 004b.jpg
    004b.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 73
hehe....like your helper! Glad you have a refractometer...the swing arm ones aren't very exact. When do you think you'll start filling?

Well once I can get enough saved up for the LR I will be ready to fill. Just depends how next month is looking with the holidays and stuff. I should be getting my lights in on Monday and will have my bucket of salt and heaters next week also

When comparing live rock prices just keep in mind that Live Aqauaria has great quality rock with lots of coraline compared to others from what I found. Even if its a few bucks more. I also ordered from http://www.intmarinefish.com/ and the rock is carribbean instead of fiji it was a bit cheaper but after like a year there is little to no coraline algae where the fiji from Liveaaquaria is covered in it.

Well got my lights in yesterday and my salt should be in Today. Will post pictures the afternoon : ). Okay my question now is I am thinking about getting 75lbs of Live Rock and 80Lbs of Live sand does this sound right?

it depends on how deep you want your sandbed to be. I used 80 pounds of sand and started with 90 lbs of liverock. I ended up adding more lr about a week after I started cycling......the tank didn't have enough rock to suit me.

Looking forward to the pics!

Okay here are my lights and salt. Now its only the LR and LS left to get YEAH!!!. Thought I would use the regular salt for now and when I reorder I will get the Reef Crystals next time

Attachments

• 006bb.jpg
    006bb.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 007bb.jpg
    007bb.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 008bb.jpg
    008bb.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 57
Found out that one of our local stores are closing and that they are saleing everything cheap. LR at 4$ lb and LS at 25$ for 30 lbs. Most of there fish 60% off only if my tank was established : (

I'd hop on that liverock pronto......I hear you on the fish. Oh well, you'll find something even better in a few months. :)

okay here where I am now. Starting on making my 80+ gallons of RO water and will be buying my Sand and LR this week : ) Also dont lagh at that silicone job to much

Attachments

• 001aa.jpg
    001aa.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 002aa.jpg
    002aa.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 003aa.jpg
    003aa.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 71
Looks great! My only caution is to monitor the output on the skimmer.....it looks pretty close to the edge of the tank.....I found out the hard way. I thought I left enough room from the edge of the sump and skimmer output...I was wrong. SW everywhere.....yuk!

what does everyone use for a Power Strip?? I have the Timer One for the lights and now I need one for The 2 Heaters, 2 Power Heads, 1 pump, and the Skimmer LOL. Will any one Work?

Almost Forgot I need a Background better get that on before I add water : )

what does everyone use for a Power Strip?? I have the Timer One for the lights and now I need one for The 2 Heaters, 2 Power Heads, 1 pump, and the Skimmer LOL. Will any one Work?

Almost Forgot I need a Background better get that on before I add water : )

Your basic power strip with surge will do, I would get one with a nice thick power cord.

Finaly got it filled up with water. Got the sand poored in and now it looks like a big bowl of brown water LOL. Whish it would clear up so I can move the sand and even it out. Going to have to raise my skimmer in my sump some how to get it some of it out of the water. Was going to get pictures but the wife has the camera on a trip.

Back
Top Bottom