Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hehehe! Looks exactly like mine.....I really hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine. Great tanks....good starters.....LOL You'll be up to a 125 before you know it!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

LoL The wife has already told me I could not get any bigger than this one.

Going to order the lights Tommorro Probably and decided on the sump also.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

where I am so far need to cut some baffles and trim the hoses
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001b.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	16270  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeanCtr View Post
(thanks again Fijiwigi woot!!)

Looking great so far thats a very nice tank. I thought of going with the DIY sump but I am not so handy and I lacked the time to invest in it. I paid $350 for a custom made sump from Glass-Holes.com I would recommend maybe taking your sump tank to a glass shop and having them put in the baffles for you to avoid the headache. My Baffles are (Flow left to right) Skimmer section Over/Under/Over Refugium section Over/Under Return pump section,. Remember the smaller your return pump section is the more you have to top it off because that is where evaporation takes place. This is why the biggest possible sump you can fit under your cabinet is recommended. I have a custom sump that probably holds close to 20gallons of water and If I go more than 4 days without topping off my pump would Burn up. My 46g evaporates close to 1 gallon a day

Just some food for thought

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiwigi View Post

Looking great so far thats a very nice tank. I thought of going with the DIY sump but I am not so handy and I lacked the time to invest in it. I paid $350 for a custom made sump from Glass-Holes.com I would recommend maybe taking your sump tank to a glass shop and having them put in the baffles for you to avoid the headache. My Baffles are (Flow left to right) Skimmer section Over/Under/Over Refugium section Over/Under Return pump section,. Remember the smaller your return pump section is the more you have to top it off because that is where evaporation takes place. This is why the biggest possible sump you can fit under your cabinet is recommended. I have a custom sump that probably holds close to 20gallons of water and If I go more than 4 days without topping off my pump would Burn up. My 46g evaporates close to 1 gallon a day

Just some food for thought

I thought about buying one already made but when I saw that It would only cost me about 60$ bucks to do it my self I thought about it and said Well I will try this my self what could it hurt.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltop View Post
I thought about buying one already made but when I saw that It would only cost me about 60$ bucks to do it my self I thought about it and said Well I will try this my self what could it hurt.
Sounds like a good plan If you uncomfortable cutting acrylic the guys I ordered my sump from can take the measurements and cut some for you and mail it to you with the right adhesive and everything So all you have to do is glue them in.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah I am going to have to get a glass company to cut it. I thought about getting acylic but the store didnt have one and the glass tank only cost $48. I have found out that the inside dimension are not as wide as what is the dimension of the tank are. I had to sand down my Skimmers bottom plate to make it fit in side of the tank. Going to try to get them cut Monday and hopefully my silicone will be here next week also. Then let the fun start on trying to figure the hieghts out on the baffle.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That looks great. Work on the baffles when you have the time....I ran mine without them for several months.

Oh, and before I forget to mention it....I'd highly suggest that you use ro/di water to fill up that monster.

Can't wait to see more pictures.....pictures pictures pictures!!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay got my lights order today! I went with the 48" 6X54 Nova Pro Extreme T5 fixture and will pick my baffles up this evening for my sump. Hopefully will have some more stuff to take pictures of when I get home.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You'll be very happy with that fixture. Have you picked up your sand yet? Do you have a good source for live rock?

Tags
2 gallon, 72 gallon, bow front

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com