New 72 gallon Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay I was thinking about go ahead and ordering 45lbs of LR from LiveAquaria is it to soon to put it in there or should I wait for the tank to Cycle?

You should go ahead and cycle the tank with the rock, otherwise you will have to cycle the rock. There is usually a good amount of die-off when rock is shipped and can cause another cycle.

Okay I ordered 45lbs of Drs. Foster & Smith Select Fiji Premium Live Rock today will be here on the 23. Now all i have to do is save up for my 45Lbs more : )

Congrats! Little disappointed in myself that you got filled up before me, and I started long before you on my 72g adventure.

Can't wait to see pics!

This is mine too, its been quite an adventure so far. The excitment of a new tank, and such a nice one at that. Its good your going to cycle with the live rock, I did and dont regret it at all. Are you going to use the shrimp method or just the LR?

neilanh, you're taking your time so it's okay, it's big project for you, especially with the help from Ziggy, I can't wait to see when you start stocking that tank, you too Cooltop, you better start posting pics as soon as you get it up and running...

It's my first time too and it's really helping me with my patience :p, since you know saltwater isn't just buying livestock and dropping them in ur tank, gotta acclimate, gotta do the testing, so let's embrace this adventurous hobby and help each other yay!!! :)

since you know saltwater isn't just buying livestock and dropping them in ur tank, gotta acclimate, gotta do the testing, so let's embrace this adventurous hobby and help each other yay!!! :)

and buy a QT and use it. believe me i wont need a second lesson on that.

Okay here is where I am now LR will be here Tues 23 I put 1 shrimp in there now. Its been 3 days with it on and going. Also I tried smoothing out the sand some so it kind of made really cloudy again also I thinks its getting alot bubbles in there almost like its going through the sump to fast

Sal 1.023
Amonia .25
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate 0
Phos 0
Cal 440
KH 11
PH 8.2

Attachments

• 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 003b.jpg
    003b.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 004b.jpg
    004b.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 007b.jpg
    007b.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
You should get your rock in there and then get the cycle going. The parameters right now don't really mean anything.

BTW, how much sand did you use?

My rocks come in today and my Refractometer has died : ( there is no more blue when you look through it its all white

Great.....they have been really good with their customer service......and you would be unhappy with the results using a swing-arm meter.

Okay 45lb Live Rock

Attachments

• 008b.jpg
    008b.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 009b.jpg
    009b.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 010b.jpg
    010b.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 011b.jpg