New 72g Aggressive tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trying to talk my buddy into doing the tank he's thought about for a long time. I just happen to have a new 72g RR setup ready for him.

Anyway, he raises pits and likes agressive fish too. I'm trying to lay out the visual of a finished product for him. Tank, 70 lbs of rock, sand, and the critters that would ulitmately live in it.

Gonna layout the 72g with a 20t sump. Trying to do a FW reservoir behind a wall and maybe a 40g fuge.

Lionfish, puffer, trigger, eel, 4" hermits, and jumbo turbo snails. Sound about right if I can do the 40g sump (w/60 lbs of rock maybe)?

What would you stock it with? 40G sump make any difference in your stocking suggestions?

I’ve never been big on aggressive tanks under 125 gallons personally. It can be done but due to their feeding habits and large size your selections are limited even with the large 40 gal sump. I hope your friend has a backup generator as well as I’d hate to see a fully stocked tank crash if power is out for a day or two.

The fish selection you mentioned already is going to get over 20” in adult length depending on the types of fish and that is a pretty heavy bio-load. Of course you could go with a dwarf lion fish like the Zebra Lionfish and a small puffer and trigger like the Saddle Valentini Puffer, Spotted Puffer, Bursa Triggerfish, & Red Tail Triggerfish.

I also like the Freckled Hawkfish :D

Back
Top Bottom