New 75 gal bow front - reef lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TerraAimee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just picked up my new tank, and realized it's a 75 gallon and not a 55. I now need to upgrade my lighting. It'll be a reef setup. Hard and soft corals if i can. I need suggestions. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

You are welcome. Be careful to acclimate everything slowly (don't turn them all the way up in the beginning, even though they may seem like they aren't bright enough to bleach corals).

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :) It'll probably be a few weeks before I even buy the lights. It's a process for sure. Lol Still gathering my basic needs.

I was just thinking about something, I know that they come with mounts (assuming ceiling mounts) but do you or anyone else know how i can mount these without drilling into my ceiling? lol Ive been looking around but it doesnt seem that anyone makes a mount for these. Im just worried about drilling into the ceiling and I dont have a hood for this setup. Not sure a hood would even be ok? Thanks again for the advice. This lighting stuff is all new to me. My old PC was much easier to understand and setup. I feel like im taking baby steps so I hope you all have patience for my stupid questions!!

You could use plant hangars and hook them to the wall behind the tank. You could make a frame that fastens to the sides of the stand that you can hang from.
Something like this-
attachment.php

or this-
img_2755797_1_14d16f30db588175197fbcf328ba00ed.jpg

I'm hijacking too sorry, so 3 white/blue or can I do 3 or 4 full spectrum taos?

Each of these panels will cover a 2ft x 2ft area. 2 panels for a 4ft tank, 3 for a 6ft tank, etc...
Blue/white vs "full spectrum" is personal preference on how you like your tank to look. I prefer the blue/whites myself.

Do the full spectrums bring out more color, or do the darken things up?

Do the full spectrums bring out more color, or do the darken things up?

Search for thread "Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck." Posted near the end on 10/24 is a post with a side by side comparison.

Back
Top Bottom