Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Talking New 75 gal setup

Hello !! I have finally bought a 75 gal saltwater fishtank ( I've been wanting one for yeeeeears ) and have a rookie question :
I set up my tank last night around 6 pm, first I put 4 bags of live sand inside the tank, then I filled with water and then I cut the bags underwater and spread the sand. I have a Skilter 400 filter on it as well. The water is still very cloudy after 18 hrs. I know that it's still to little time for it to be clear but my question is this, how long does it normally take for the cloudiness to settle and should I turn off filter to let it settle faster ?? Thank you for your help !!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
leave the filter on that will help it settle quicker also did any of those bags of sand include a packet of clarifiying agent? if so pour that in it will help the sand settle quicker too

Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply. The bags of live sand did not came with any clarifying agent. Should I buy some or just wait ?? How long does it normally take for this process ? I just want to know when can I start shopping for fish !!!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

You need to cycle your tank before you buy fish. That might take up to a month. Can be faster for some people.

Tags
new aquariums, new member, set up, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com