New 75 gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josecuervo1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello !! I have finally bought a 75 gal saltwater fishtank ( I've been wanting one for yeeeeears ) and have a rookie question :
I set up my tank last night around 6 pm, first I put 4 bags of live sand inside the tank, then I filled with water and then I cut the bags underwater and spread the sand. I have a Skilter 400 filter on it as well. The water is still very cloudy after 18 hrs. I know that it's still to little time for it to be clear but my question is this, how long does it normally take for the cloudiness to settle and should I turn off filter to let it settle faster ?? Thank you for your help !!!!

leave the filter on that will help it settle quicker also did any of those bags of sand include a packet of clarifiying agent? if so pour that in it will help the sand settle quicker too

Thanks for the quick reply. The bags of live sand did not came with any clarifying agent. Should I buy some or just wait ?? How long does it normally take for this process ? I just want to know when can I start shopping for fish !!!

You need to cycle your tank before you buy fish. That might take up to a month. Can be faster for some people.

Back
Top Bottom