New 90 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then u are gonna want to put the sand and rock in after the salt is mixed. That's what I did. Is your sand in bags. If so put the bags at the bottom and then cut them open. Pour in one spot then move it around the bottom. This will minimize the cloudiness

How will I know how much water to put in so when I add the rocks and sand it doesn't overflow? That's almost 200# of substrate.

I filled mine up all the way and added the salt. After all that was good then I just removed as I needed. I lost 3 gallons form 50 lbs sand and like 25lbs of rock at first

I like the very fine stuff for stingrays and sharks but its all preference and what you plan to keep

Update;

Water is in and mixed. Rocks are in and got all the pluming running.

I have to throttle back my return pump so it doesn't drain the sump faster than the water can come in. I have a screen thing on my drain and have cut away a couple bars to improve the flow. How wide of an area before it is to big where a fish could go thru it?

Attachments

• Sump.jpg
    Sump.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 55
  • DRAIN.jpg
    DRAIN.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Rocks 2.jpg
    Rocks 2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom