Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New 90 gallon setup

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to saltwater. I've used this site to help me along over the past year or so and now I'm ready to share. I started this tank in November 12, with a lot of prep work. I have two clowns, a puffer and a Blenny, but plan on being more heavy with coral then fish. Let me know what you think!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394405270.509765.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	226846
[IMG]

Old 03-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Your rockwork is incredible, very well done!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Your rockwork is incredible, very well done!

Thank-you, but I have to admit, the background is PVC and pond foam. I couldn't drill the tank, so have a hob overflow and was not pleased with the look, your eye goes right to that spot in the tank instead of the rock work. So, I decided that I needed to do something about that with creating a 3D backdrop to camouflage the overflow. I found a few videos online that helped along with this design. I didn't paint it like most do, since it's going together covered with algae anyway and that exactly what happened, you can't tell the difference between the live rock and the fake. Plus, my Blenny loves to hang out at the top, grazing.

Tags
90 gallon, gallon, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com