New 90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in the process of setting up my new tank, finally I have it in place and will be filling it up over the next few days. I buy all my water from my lfs but it is going to cost me a big chunk to pay for this to be filled up. To start with I will be having 2 dwarf lions and then putting a few corals in over time but not for the next 6 months or so. Would I be able to use tap water and treat it if I run activated carbon in the tank during the cycle and did a longish cycle?

If your starting a fish only, tap water is certainly an option, especially during the cycle. The excess nutrients in the tap water could cause a problem during water changes, but for now, if money is an issue, I'd go for it (I did).
Leave the lights off for the cycle and that will help stop algae growing at the start.

NO CARBON during the cycle either. It will remove ammonia which you need to build up BB in the cycle.

Ok brilliant thanks for your he, don't realise it did that. Will maybe cycle for a month add carbon a skimmer fr few more weeks and then build from there thanks for the response

Back
Top Bottom